Here are 7 tips to help you avoid exercise burnout this summer:
1. Start slow and gradually increase your activity level. If you try to do too much too soon, you'll quickly become exhausted and frustrated.
2. Make a schedule and stick to it. Whether you exercise in the morning or evening, make sure you carve out time for it daily and stick to your routine.
3. Find a workout buddy. Having someone to exercise with can help keep you motivated and accountable.
4. Mix up your routine. If you're doing the same exercise daily, you'll quickly become bored and less likely to stick with it. Try different activities or switch up your route to keep things interesting.
5. Listen to your body. If you're feeling pain or fatigue, take a break or reduce your activity level. Pushing yourself too hard will only lead to injury and burnout.
6. Make time for rest and recovery. In addition to exercise, ensure you're getting enough sleep and taking days off to rest. This will help your body recover from exercise and prevent burnout.
7. Have realistic expectations. Start small and focus on achievable goals to avoid disappointment and discouragement. Don't expect to lose 20 pounds in a month or run a marathon if you've never even run a 5K.