Do you love dessert but feel guilty after eating it? You don’t have to anymore. Below I have listed 10 healthy dessert ideas to satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining your diet.
10 must-try healthy desserts
Many people say that desserts are indulgences, and you can only enjoy them in moderation. However, there are plenty of reasons to make healthy desserts a regular part of your diet. Healthy desserts can help you get the nutrients your body needs when you substitute all the sugary or fatty ingredients for fruits and vegetables.
Here is a list of some great ideas
- Fruit Salad - with honey-lime dressing.
- Banana Cream - made with bananas, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Berry Cobbler - includes fresh or frozen berries, oats, and honey.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies - Almond flour, coconut oil, honey, and dark chocolate chips.
- Pumpkin Pie - Pumpkin puree, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Lemon Bars- Almond flour crust and a lemon curd filling.
- Pecan Pie - Dates as the sweetener, pecans, almonds, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Brownies- Almond flour, cocoa powder, unsweetened dark chocolate chunks, and coconut oil.
- Ice Cream- This is the one dessert I feel can be store-bought and still healthy. Just make sure to read the ingredients and the calories per serving.
- Sautéed Apples- with Cinnamon made with apples, cinnamon, and a touch of maple syrup.
So, there you have it! Ten delicious, healthy dessert ideas that will satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining your diet.