Yoga Poses you can do with your Dog
Posted on March 03 2020
DOGA is a new trend in yoga; literally, doing yoga with your dog! How fun! Imagine having your best friend help you out in yoga class. DOGA is a perfect combination of meditation, body stretching and massage between you and your beloved canine. The level of cooperation between you and your four-legged partner is defined by your dog. You will definitely know if it’s right for your pooch. He, or she, will let you know. Let your dog be your guide.
- Call your dog to the mat and position him in the middle.
- Place your dog under you as you get on your hands and knees.
- Separate hands under shoulders and press palms into the floor as you raise your buttocks to the ceiling while straightening you legs. Feet are hip-width apart.
- Push down into your heels while keeping the knees soft.
- Try to stay here for five breaths. Good luck with this part; your dog will try to kiss your face and play. ENJOY!
This pose is for your dog
- Place your dog on the mat facing away from you.
- Place your hands under its hip joints.
- Pick up its back legs.
- Encourage your dog to stretch and flex their torso. Dogs love this!
Now, for a little meditation.
- Face your dog and make eye contact.
- Put one hand over your heart; the other on your dog’s chest.
- Breathe for five counts. This will largely depend upon the willingness of your dog to cooperate. (You might want to have some treats around!)
- Sit criss-cross applesauce, facing your dog.
- Lean forward till your forehead rests on top of your dog’s. Count to 5.
- Whisper Namaste in his ear. (Extra points if you can get your dog to say it back!)
DOGA is a wonderful practice for being in the now, for allowing, and best of all, for laughing!